by Suman Gupta
Mumbai, June 2018: Google was born in the Cloud and with Google Cloud we offer businesses Google quality computing, security, data analytics, and other business tools. Google Cloud Platform (GCP) continues to bring new capabilities to more regions, environments, applications and users than ever before.
- Very recently, Google has been named a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service Magic Quadrant
- Google Cloud has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Collaboration Platforms (CCP), which evaluates vendors based on their vision and ability to execute. And, some of the world’s most successful businesses – Airbus, Coca Cola, Colgate, Home Depot, HSBC, Marks & Spencers and Philips, among others, are already running on Google Cloud.
- Recently, Forrester Research named Google Cloud a Leader in Public Cloud Platform Native Security Wave
- With the Google Cloud India region which went live in Mumbai last year, enterprises in India are able to take advantage of the high speeds, low latency and performance benefits uniquely offered by our Google Cloud Platform services. The region in Mumbai now offers several services including including computing, big data, storage and networking.
Google has added a new service, Cloud Spanner at its Mumbai region. Cloud Spanner revolutionizes database administration and management and makes application development more efficient. Customers will experience cost savings, with lower latency and a consistent, unified, global view.
Cloud Spanner is the only enterprise-grade, globally-distributed, and strongly consistent database service built for the cloud specifically to combine the benefits of relational database structure with non-relational horizontal scale. This combination delivers high-performance transactions and strong consistency across rows, regions, and continents with an industry-leading 99.999% availability SLA, no planned downtime, and enterprise-grade security.
- Over the last year, a large number of Indian enterprises have chosen Google Cloud to grow their business. We are very excited by the growth of paid Google Cloud Platform (GCP) customers in India, many of whom are leveraging our ML and AI capabilities. Hike Messenger, the first homegrown Indian messaging platform gained more than 100 million registered users within four years and Hike users share over one billion messages each day and more than 40 billion messages a month.
Several other large enterprises and emerging Indian businesses such as Truecaller, L&T Finance, Karur Vysya Bank, Titan, HDFC Sales, ShareChat, Policybazaar.com, Quikr, Delhivery, Dr. Agarwal’s Eye Hospital, Yatra, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Cards, Rategain, Flexsol have chosen Google Cloud as their technology partner recently.
- Today customers need flexible and responsive relationships with their technology providers and to enable this for its customers in India and across the world, Google Cloud have made several investments in strengthening its cloud partnerships. Over the past few years, Google Cloud have announced a number of global partners, including KPMG, Accenture, Citrix, Deloitte, Intel, Intuit, Nutanix, Pivotal, PwC, RedHat and SAP, among many others, to help enterprises innovate faster, scale smarter, and stay secure.
The local partner ecosystem has grown more robust with great partners across the Consulting, GSI, SI, ISV and Managed Services partners’ segments signing up to join hands with Google Cloud and jointly build solutions for our customers. With an increasing number of partners already engaged on Google Cloud, including BluePi Consulting, Clover Technologies, KPIT Technologies, KPMG, Wipro, Netmagic, GPX India, Freshworks, L&T Infotech, Tata Communications and Vodafone, the India partner ecosystem is ready to help customer leverage the value from Google Cloud solutions.
- As more and more companies are taking advantage of what cloud computing, data analytics and machine learning can do for their businesses, the gap between the knowledge needed to move to the cloud and the demand for such skills has grown enormously. To address this need, Google collaborated with Coursera, a leading global online education platform, to launch a series of on-demand Google Cloud Platform training offerings.
Google has recently made Machine Learning education accessible for everyone. Google is announcing its first machine learning specialization which is now available on Coursera – Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform. This five-course series marks our seventh specialization on Coursera, reinforcing Google’s commitment to making high quality training widely accessible to everyone We are also launching our new Associate Cloud Engineer certification, which demonstrates mastery of fundamental GCP skills.
At Google Cloud, our goal is to build the most open cloud for all businesses and make it easy for our partners and customers to build and run great software. We’re incredibly excited about the momentum we’re witnessing in India and Google Cloud is investing in developing the ecosystem in India – spanning learning and certification for technical audiences, local and global partners and new customers building their business on Google Cloud.