Water and dust resistant, Pixel 3 comes with a specially designed security chip called Titan M, making it the most secure phone ever built by Google
Priced at ₹71,000 (Pixel 3 64GB), ₹80,000 (Pixel 3 128GB), ₹83,000 (Pixel 3 XL 64GB), and ₹ 92,000 (Pixel 3 XL 128GB)
by Suman Gupta
New Delhi, Tuesday,October, 2018: At their global event today, Google announced two new additions to the #MadebyGoogle family: Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.Bringing the best of Google to its users, the two phones are powered by AI for more helpful, thoughtful, and personal experiences.
The smartphones are available in two sizes — the 5.5-inch Pixel 3 and the 6.3-inch Pixel 3 XL — and three colors: Just Black, Clearly White, and Not Pink. They are crafted using Pixel’s iconic two-tone design, which is refined by a soft-touch glass back that feels great in the hand.
Brilliant photos every time and super-charged selfies
We’re taking more photos on our phones than ever before, but we still often miss the perfect moment. Pixel 3 helps you get that perfect shot on the first try. Here’s how the best camera gets even better with Pixel 3:
- Capture smiles, not blinks: A feature called Top Shot uses AI to help you capture the perfect photo every time. When you take a photo, it analyzes the images just before and just after you press the shutter, looking for those where everyone is smiling, with eyes open, and facing the camera. If there is a better shot, the camera will give you the option to save it.
- Get better zoom: When you zoom in using a phone camera, the image generally looks grainy. Super Res Zoom is a computational photography technique, traditionally used for astronomy and scientific imaging, that produces sharp details even when zooming into the subject.
- No light; no problem: Pixel 3 lets you take natural-looking photos in dark surroundings, all without a flash. With Night Sight, you can take bright, detailed, colorful shots around the campfire, in a moonlit forest, or a selfie as you’re headed out of that dimly-lit club (coming soon).
- No selfie stick required: Get everyone in the picture with Group Selfie, which gives you 184% more room in your selfie shots, be it with a large group of friends or an expansive backdrop.
- Look… no hands! Photobooth mode uses AI to recognize that when you’re smiling or making a funny expression, you’re ready for a selfie. It snaps the photo on its own so that you don’t need to reach for the shutter button—a good option for candids.
- Even more stunning portraits, front and back: When you take photos in Portrait Mode, you can change the blurriness of the background, or change the part of the picture in focus even after you’ve taken it. Pixel 3 also brings you Color Pop so that you can make the subject of your photo stand out, in color, while the background is changed to black and white.
- Create and play: In Playground, you can make photos, selfies, and videos come to life by adding your favorite superheroes, animated stickers, and fun captions. In celebration of Marvel Studios’ 10 Year Anniversary, you’ll enjoy seeing the characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (exclusively on Pixel) react to each other and to you.
- Super smooth video: When you want to capture something that won’t stop moving—think of an adorable toddler or a hyperactive puppy—Motion Auto Focus will make sure your Pixel 3 camera stays in sharp focus automatically, as you record. And if you happen to be taking a selfie video while walking or moving around, Pixel 3 brings you front-facing video stabilization.
Unlimited storage for all of your photos and videos
Once again, you can save all your favorite moments with free, unlimited photo and video storage in the original resolution. It’s hassle-free, you don’t have to think about back-ups. Come back to Google Photos later and search for the beach photos you took on your Pixel 3, and they’ll pop right up.
Your AI-powered sidekick
The AI in Pixel 3 enables new features that make your day-to-day actions simpler and easier.
If you want to know more about something you’re looking at, use Google Lens, built right into your Pixel 3. To scan and translate text, find similar styles of clothing, or identify popular plants and animals, you can now long press in the Pixel 3 camera to easily invoke Lens. When you point your camera at information you want to remember or don’t feel like typing in—like a URL or QR code on a flyer or an email on a business card—Google Lens suggests what to do next, like calling a number, going to the website, or creating a new contact.
The Google Assistant is also baked into Pixel 3 to help you find answers and control your phone and compatible smart home devices—all with a simple squeeze or just by using your voice.
Many of the new AI-powered features on Pixel, including camera features like Top Shot, Photobooth, and Lens suggestions, are processed on-device. AI on-device means these experiences are fast, private to you, and use up less battery.
That’s not all — this year you can also count on even more assistance across apps, including Gmail’s Smart Compose, now available for mobile on Pixel 3. Smart Compose suggests phrases in your emails so that you can draft them faster, on the go. Gboard, the keyboard built into your Pixel 3, will recommend GIFs, stickers, and more, to make your conversations fun and engaging.
Our phones, while probably the most important tech in our lives, shouldn’t control our lives. So Digital Wellbeing, a suite of tools to help you find your own balance with technology, is built into Pixel 3. It includes a dashboard to help you understand how you spend time on your phone, the ability to set time limits on specific apps, and a new Wind Down mode to help you get to sleep at night by gently transitioning your display to a grayscale screen. When you don’t want to be bothered by rings or notifications, use Flip to Shhh— an easy gesture that turns on Do Not Disturb and minimizes distractions.
Fast and wireless charging
Pixel 3 comes with an 18 Watt fast charger in the box, which can give you seven hours of use in 15 minutes of charge. And with AI-powered Adaptive Battery, Pixel 3 prioritizes battery power for your most important apps to make your phone last all day.
Alongside Pixel 3 we’re also introducing Pixel Stand, a new, Qi compliant wireless charger (sold separately at ₹6,900). While charging in the Pixel Stand, your phone turns into a smart speaker and smart display powered by the Google Assistant, a photo frame, a control panel for your smart home, and much more. If you set an alarm, your screen will gently brighten over 15 minutes before your alarm goes off, mimicking the sunrise and helping you wake up naturally.
Pixel 3 is IP68 water and dust resistant and has a security chip custom-designed by Google called Titan M, making it the most secure phone the company has built yet. Titan M enhances mobile security behind the scenes by protecting your unlock credentials, disk encryption, app data, and the integrity of the operating system code itself. Powered by Android 9 Pie, Pixel 3 comes with the latest Android operating system.
Both the Pixel 3 variants come with high quality Pixel USB-C earbuds and a USB-C Digital to 3.5 mm headphone adapter in the box. Pixel 3 comes with dual front-firingspeakers tuned by a GRAMMY-winning music producer to turn your phone into a powerful speaker.
Pricing and availability
In India, the Pixel 3 is priced as follows:
- Pixel 3 (64GB): ₹71,000
- Pixel 3 (128GB): ₹80,000
- Pixel 3 XL (64GB): ₹83,000
- Pixel 3 XL (128GB): ₹92,000
Note: The Google Pixel 2 XL (64GB) will continue to be sold at ₹45,499
Pre-orders start from Thursday, 11th October 2018 on Flipkart, Airtel’s online store, and at offline partners including Reliance Digital, Croma and other leading stores across India. Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL will be available for sale both online and in retail stores from 1st November 2018.
As part of the pre-order offers, consumers will be able to own a Pixel 3 at a no-cost EMI starting at Rs 3,944 per month*. In addition, current Google Pixel and Nexus phone owners will have special loyalty offers from Flipkart and our participating offline retail partners including Reliance, Croma, and other leading stores.
About Google : Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Through products and platforms like Search, Maps, Gmail, Android, Google Play, Chrome and YouTube, Google plays a meaningful role in the daily lives of billions of people and has become one of the most widely-known companies in the world. Google is a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.