Bookings are open and deliveries set for the first week of October
by Suman Gupta
- Jeep Compass ‘Limited Plus’ is a substantial package with eight new premium features
- ‘Limited Plus’ is based on the premium Limited trim in the range
- Will be sold from FCA’s 67 authorised sales outlets across India
Mumbai | September, 2018: FCA India today, announced the roll out of the Jeep Compass ‘Limited Plus’, a new, upmarket variant based on the range-topping ‘Limited’ trim. True to its name, the *Limited Plus is complete with eight premium features, adding incredible value to the Compass package that may go well beyond customers’ expectations.
FCA India President and Managing Director, Kevin Flynn, sees the addition of the Limited Plus as the next important step in India’s business strategy.
“When we launched the Jeep Compass in August 2017 we were determined to keep setting new standards with our product quality and continuously make it more desirable for customers. The Limited Plus package is an important step in that direction” he said.
Including the top-of-the-line Limited Plus variant, the entire Jeep Compass range is now available to customers between Rs. 15.35 lakh and Rs. 22.85 lakh (ex-Delhi).
The Jeep Compass Limited Plus, which is now the top-of-the-range variant in the Limited trim and is available in three derivatives:
|Limited Plus||2.0-litre, 173 PS, 350 Nm Multijet II (Turbo Diesel)||6-sp Manual 4×2||Rs. 21.07 lakh|
|Limited Plus||1.4-litre, 163 PS, 250 Nm Multiair (Turbo Petrol)||7-sp Automatic* 4×2||Rs. 21.41 lakh|
|Limited Plus||2.0-litre, 173 PS, 350 Nm Multijet II (Turbo Diesel)||6-sp Manual 4×4||Rs. 22.85 lakh|
“We have completed the manufacturing of more than 37,000 Jeep Compass and have exported 10,000 in just over 12 months of it being in the market. We have now extended our export commitment to 13 international right-hand drive markets, with more markets planned in the near future,” said Mr. Flynn.
The Jeep Compass ‘Limited Plus’ Package
The Limited Plus is the result of feedback from market studies undertaken by FCA in the past year to better understand consumer requirements and their expectations for a premium, yet capable, driving experience.
The Jeep Compass during its market launch, set a new benchmark for the SUV customer. However, in order to keep up with evolving segment expectations it was imperative that the Compass package had to deliver an improved value proposition, for the ultimate ownership experience.
The Jeep Compass Limited Plus offers eight premium features in all its three aforementioned derivatives:
Leading features in the Jeep Compass Price Class
- Panoramic dual-pane sunroof – No other SUV in its competing price class offers a dual-pane Panoramic Sunroof (also referred to as “Moonroof” in Jeep parlance)
- 8-way Power seat for driver with memory function and 4-way power lumbar support – No other SUV in its price class offers such elaborate functionality in the driver’s seat; in fact, is seen usually in more expensive and bigger SUVs sold in India
- 8.4-inch UConnect infotainment screen – This is the largest infotainment screen offered in its class
- Selective Automatic headlamps – The Limited trim already had and will continue to have Bi-Xenon or HID headlamps, which will now be ‘automatic’ only in the Limited Plus derivatives and the intensity of light can be selected up to three levels
Other premium features in the Limited Plus
- 18-inch dual-tone polished-aluminum alloy wheels – these new, larger and stylish alloys will only enhance the already acknowledged ‘plush’ ride quality of the Jeep Compass
- SIX airbags – one of India’s safest SUVs now becomes even safer with an addition of curtain airbags, which protect front as well as rear passengers; this in addition to the already available two front and two side airbags
- Rain-sensing wipers – This feature has been introduced for the first time in the Jeep Compass range
- Electrochromic auto-dimming IRVM – This feature has been introduced for the first time in the Jeep Compass range
“Quality is extremely important to us and right from the start, we have put our efforts towards continually raising the standard of quality in the Jeep Compass. Our customers have experienced it and also expect it from us so we wanted to factory-fit these premium features”, Kevin Flynn added.
“We commit the same, high level of quality in our Mopar after-sales service and customer care as well as our customer experience which will be uniform across our now 67 authorised sales and service outlets across India.” The Jeep Compass is India’s Most Awarded SUV in 2017 and has won over 35 awards from top Indian media and brand titles. The Brand Trust Report, India Study 2018 has certified the Jeep Compass as India’s Most Trusted SUV / MUV Brand as per their latest consumer brand study also referred to as the ‘Power of Trust 2018’.